Summer 2025 Prayer Letter

 

Summer 2025 Update

Airframe done! On to Powerplant training and much more!

image placeholder

School Update:

Friday, June 6th marked the completion of my airframe training and my 2nd year here at Moody Aviation. On the following Thursday, I passed the Airframe Written FAA exam. Then on Friday, August 1st I passed my Airframe and General practical and oral exams and received my Airframe Mechanic certification. Praise God! At the moment I have finished my first month of powerplant training. I have always been fascinated by anything that goes and a highlight of my childhood was working on all sorts of engines with my dad. Powerplant training focuses on the inner workings and practices for repairing and maintaining airplane engines and propellers, so I am super excited to see what this semester has to hold. Get ready for some sweet pictures of engine runups and big turbos!

Life Update:

Summer break was from mid-June to mid-July. It was sure nice to get a break after such a busy semester. After my written exam, I flew to MN to see Leah. We got to spend time with her extended family and then we went on an awesome road trip to MI to see our friend from RVA. It was a blast. Our wedding is only 5 months away! I’m so grateful for Leah and for such a wonderful time with her. After a week with Leah, I flew back to Spokane and then drove down to Oregon for a classmate’s wedding. Upon returning from that, I moved into a new apartment where I will live by myself until Leah and I get married. Finally, to top it all off, I received news that I was awarded a pretty big scholarship for the upcoming school year. Not only are God’s blessings abundant during school, but this summer has also been a true testament to His generosity and careful provision for His children. I am just so overcome with gratitude. What a great God we serve!


Praise and Prayer Points:

  • Praise God for His abundant provision in countless ways.

  • Praise God for the MAF scholarship.

  • Pray that I can get my 1st class medical for flight next semester (exam scheduled for September 23rd).

  • Pray for me as I begin this new semester that will be filled with new joys and new challenges.

  • Pray that I can balance between school, work, sleep, and church.

Verse:

To you, O LORD, I cry, and to the LORD I plead for mercy: “what profit is there in my death, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it tell of your faithfulness? Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me! O LORD, be my helper!” You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O LORD, my God, I will give thanks to you forever! - Psalm 30: 8-12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2026 Prayer Letter

Spring 2025 Prayer Letter

Fall 2024 Prayer letter